October 16, 2010







Can you believe that this light, airy, beautiful cabin butterfly was once an awkward little cabin caterpillar with brown patterned wallpaper, dark walls and flooring, bright lights, and close quarters? It's hard, I know, but you don't have to take my word for it. Take a look at this:




Vilde from My Scandanavian Retreat and her husband saw the potential of this space and gave this little gem of a shelter the wings it needed to f.l.y. Recognizing the potential that "hobins" (great term coined by my bro-in-law), homes, or apartments have is, in my book, a great talent; it is the thing that fascinates me the most about before and after shots, especially when the makeover is as dramatic as this Scandanavian retreat.


In celebration of seeing the potential in places, people, or things and running with it...

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Love all the white. That kitchen looks so cute.