January 28, 2011

Flea Markets in Würzburg

I swoon over flea markets. They clear my head and put a jump in my step. The beloved flohmarkt-saison is approaching us in good 'ol Europa and Würzburg has quite a few jems that deserve a drop-by. I wrote about the Talavera Flea Market a.k.a. Mainwiesen Flohmarkt here; it is one of my favorite stomping grounds and the first "event" that caught my eye when I moved to Würzburg in the late 90s. It takes place a couple times a year and is always jam-packed. The next one is planned for March 19. I found this site the other day where some of the big flea markets in and around Würzburg are listed. If you can't make any of these, there are some great stores with mini-flea market flare that are open year-round.

I didn't buy any of these, not one singlesolitary thing, and I'm still kicking myself!



Each of these shots were take at Krempeltempel in the city center. Everything is orderly and displayed nicely, but you still have to keep your eyes peeled or else you might miss something. One of my other favorite spots at the moment is Querbeet in Grombühl. This place is crazy full with.stuff.everywhere and it forces you to come with time which I love. Here, as with Krempeltempel, it pays to look...on the walls, under tables, in corners, and in the cabinets. Unfortunately I don't have pictures, but this jem of a store can be found in Brücknerstrasse 8 and is open on Tuesdays from 3:00 to 6:00pm, Wednesdays from 11:00am to 3:00pm, and Fridays from 11:00am to 5:00pm. This weekend I hope to check out an antique store near Ochsenfurt that I've had my eye on for a year now, but never had the time to stop. Will keep you posted! Until then...

Happy hunting!

No comments: