July 23, 2010

Yoga Lounge Würzburg

In the summer, Yoga Lounge can be found every Sundays @ the Stadtstrand in Wü


One of my most favorite places to be on a Tuesday morning is at the Yoga Lounge, a great little studio nestled in the middle of the city on the third floor of the former Mozart Gymnasium. I happenened upon this gem of a place about a year and a half ago after one of my students, Patricia Purkett, said that she was thinking of getting a morning Pilates class going and asked if I would be interested in trying it out. The moment I walked in the door, I felt at peace. The colors were comforting hues of blues, browns, and cremes; the rooms were spacious with hardwood floors. Did I mention I'm a sucker for hardwood? Everywhere I looked, I noticed the small details that had been attended to. There were candles on the windowsills and books waiting to be read; there were mats and water just in case. Even the old bathroom around the corner was remembered with good-smelling soap and fresh flowers. You have to climb at least 80 stairs (oh hey mom), but once you arrive at the top, a sweet oasis of positive energy and strength greets you. Katja Seuffert, the owner, is a breath of fresh air and is pimping up the yoga scene here in Würzburg. She and select trainers have started offering donation-based classes. You heard right. Classes without a set fee; you donate what you feel it was worth. How's that for good karma??! If you don't have time to attend a weekly class, the workshops at Yoga Lounge are divine and designed to fit the needs of everysinglesolitary person regardless of the level he or she is at. In the fall, there're some great personalities coming: Julia Müller, Ralph Otto, Anette Alvaredo, and more. So, if you haven't guessed...Yoga Lounge and, of course, Patricia Purkett's Pilates Body Motion class is my fourth hot spot in Würzburg. Treat yourself!

No comments: