July 18, 2010

You learn something new everyday. Isn't it nice when you realize how much a day has taught you? I attended my last official class at the university about nine years ago and since then have been working and raising my two boys. I don't get report cards that say how my mothering skills are, how my German is progressing (or not), and if I'm getting wiser in the life department. It's up to me to stop, take a breath, look back or ahead, and recognize things that I can do now, but couldn't do yesterday, last week, last month, or last year. It's so easy to focus on all the things we still want or need to learn; it's so easy to berate ourselves for not knowing more. How often do you pat yourself on the back? How often do you give yourself an einsplusmitstern for your everyday triumphs? Today, actually this morning, I learned how to transfer pictures from our camera to the computer the quick way and how to link a site to a word or name (something I was admiring on my sister's blog the other day). Here are some impressions of summer I've been wanting to share with you...







So. Please do tell...what have you learned today?

No comments: