December 09, 2010

Christmas Countdown: Day 9

image courtesy of Food Easy

I love cooking, but hate spending hours in the kitchen slaving over the stove. Especially with two kids and the holidays around the corner, things have gotta go fast. However, I decided long ago that I wouldn't sacrifice food quality to save time. Needless to say, I'm a sucker for recipes with less than five ingredients that don't skimp in the taste department. Hence my love for Ralf Zacherl's peanut sauce recipe. You'll need:

1 bunch of fresh or a small package of frozen basil
2-4 Tablespoons (Esslöfel) of peanut butter (I prefer crunchy for this recipe)
1 cup of (Thai) sweet chili sauce

Mix everything in a food processor or with a mixing rod (Stabmixer) and dip with chicken. You may have to vary the amounts of the ingredients to fit your own taste. I thought this recipe would work well on a tray in shot glasses at a party. You could fill half the shot glass with the peanut sauce, skewer one or two satay strips, and stick them in heads up. The shot below with ketchup and french fries is a good visual, just substitute peanut sauce for ketchup and skewered satay strips for the fries:

image of Life.Love.Lipstick

Happy December 9!

No comments: