January 10, 2011

Bye-bye, Frosty!


Hello, sunshine and heat so hot I gotta hit the shade!
Hello, "I can't eat more than I see 'cause it's so darn hot"...
Hello, beaches and blonde-headed babies!
Hello, yellow-I-can't-get-enough-of-you...
Hello, letter "s" that stands for "shadows", "sun", "spring", and "summer"!
Hello, craziness that's gets you giggling til you drop...

OMG. It has stopped snowing. Hubby told me it will start again on Wednesday, but I'm ignoring him. I have got an amazing rush of spring, snow-free energy going on and I will not let it be dampered by weather forcasts that may very well not come true. We can see our driveway, I can't stop smiling, our cat's out most of the day (it's warming up, folks!), the boys are out riding their bikes, and my step is so springy it's scary. Gone are the endless hours of sitting in front of the tv, eating the boys' leftover Christmas chocolate. Gone are the mornings that I allowed chips from the night before to make up the morning meal plan. Gone are the "where am I going in life and how the heck do I get there" discussions with myself before the first cup of coffee! Today, I was up and yogaed by 6:00 am, the first day after vacation thankyouverymuch, and I am still awake to blog about it. Heck yeah. The winter veil has lifted and this cowgirl is back with a capital "B"! Hallelujah and high fives for all!

Happiness. Pure happiness.

2 comments:

Laura said...

It was lovely to have such a magical, very very white christmas, but I am also sooooo very happy that the snow has melted! Seems almost like spring now!!

Laura in Ludwigsburg

Julie said...

You are so right, Laura! Magical it was, but the day after New Year's my mind set was ready to move on. Christmas was packed away and I'm ready for spring!! I lovehearing the birds again...