November 09, 2010



I decided to take a break from the amazing fall weather we've been having here in Germany (call me crazy) and headed to Ireland for a couple days. I was a little scared because I usually chase the sun and don't run away from  it. But, alas none of the stuff that usually kills me on vacation -pretty constant rainy drizzle, forced umbrella-usage, heavy duty rain showers, madly windy hurricanes that come every thirty years, frizzy rain hair, veryvery little sun, and actually having to wear the warm clothes I packed- didn't bring me down at all. The five days were heavenly and Ireland was a hoot. Strangely enough, some of the things that set us off giggling the most were the signs or sayings on portable toilets, the backs of busses, on trash cans, and coffee cups. Here are a few of my favorites:

Interesting...a three-in-one port-a-potty. Efficiency at its best! Gotta love the drying room...
The port-a-potty gets a second pic, just so you don't think I'm pulling your leg.


Yet another good idea, but seriously, in a country that only has 1503 hours of sunlight per year?

So, the daily duties call. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods!

In celebration of good belly laughs...

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Ooh..I'm dying to go to my homeland! Glad you loved it and kept a good attitude in that weather.